Editing exported VO GUI in VS Designer leads to broken gui

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Moritz,

Thanks a lot for the info, this can be very helpful also to others!

Btw, when you sent me the sample, I could not reproduce the problem, the window was loading well no matter the windows font size I used. But I just tried now and the problem is very clearly visible, the window does not load well already in the window designer, and also the support windows of the designer (Toolbox, Properties) do not display correctly, either. On the other hand, VO itself still seems to handle this fine, a test window I created in it still loads and gets saved correctly! I'm wondering if it's only under specific circumstances when apps in windows respect or not the new settings. (I was in all cases closing VS/VO before changing the setting, and reopening them afterwards).

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Moritz,

Just in case in the future you (or anybody else) need it, we have added an option to manually adjust the sizes emitted in (all) generated resources from the VO compatible Window Editor. You need to go to Tools/Options->X# Custom Editors->VO Window Editor and adjust the values for Size adjustment X/Y.

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu