DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick,
just for completeness: Did you try to open your problem zips with the new 7-zip beta 23.00 from May, 7th?
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Arne, Karl,

I just installed that beta version of 7-Zip; same result. Earlier I installed a program called Peazip, same result. So you would say DotNetZip is doing something wrong but only in some unknown situation. But on the other hand, Explorer sees all directories (and can open files if not AES256 encrypted)

Dick
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

For our program delivery and for our Oracle database backups we are also using different ZIP mechanisms. Zipping big files or many files or open files gives sometimes undesired effects. Also "fighting" against Antivirus programs is time-consuming and difficult if the files are in one big zip-container. For example we had cases where open files were missing in the zips and nobody realized the danger of having incomplete backups.

So If it is possible to devide zipping in some files I prefere this over having only one big zip. Better to find a conservative working way with existing possibilities then taking risks.

Arne