The future of ReportPro

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
ecos

The future of ReportPro

Post by ecos »

1. Your RP Version RP2[X] RP3[ ]
2. Uses [X] VO [X] XSharp
3. As a database you use. [X] DBFs [X]Temporary DBFs [later] SQL
4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [X] 0-100 [ ] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000
5. Approximately how many people will use RP in your company [X] 1-5 [ ] 6-20 [ ] > 20
6. Are you interested in participating in an alpha test: [X] Yes [ ] No
7. How much are you willing to pay for this upgrade. [ ] € 100 [ ] € 500 [X] € 1.000

Important for us is to have the sourcecode.

Karl
vzeljko

The future of ReportPro

Post by vzeljko »

1. Your RP Version RP2[x] RP3[ ]
2. Uses [x] VO [x] XSharp
3. As a database you use. [x] DBFs [ ]Temporary DBFs [ ] SQL
4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [x] 0-100 [ ] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000
5. Approximately how many people will use RP in your company [x] 1-5 [ ] 6-20 [ ] > 20
6. Are you interested in participating in an alpha test: [x] Yes [ ] No
7. How much are you willing to pay for this upgrade. [x] € 100 [ ] € 500 ] € 1.000
AlessandroV

The future of ReportPro

Post by AlessandroV »

that said, guys, are you serious? I, a hobbiest in the programming field, am #2 willing to even test a prerelease? And most are > willing to invest sparse 100€? What is your hourly fee, i wonder...
In fact, having a poor response could cause the project to be cancelled. Costs are important and without a serious feedback risks that we stop this project are possible. Thank you
robert

The future of ReportPro

Post by robert »

Alessandro
AlessandroV post=25673 userid=3969 wrote:
that said, guys, are you serious? I, a hobbiest in the programming field, am #2 willing to even test a prerelease? And most are > willing to invest sparse 100€? What is your hourly fee, i wonder...
In fact, having a poor response could cause the project to be cancelled. Costs are important and without a serious feedback risks that we stop this project are possible. Thank you
I agree with you. I did put the price in the poll to see what this is worth to people.
But from the response we get so far, people are not really interested.
I see 9 responses, 7 x € 100. 2 x € 500 and 1 x € 1000.
That is simply not enough (at least not at this moment) to justify the development time and support time.
Maybe more response will follow?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

The future of ReportPro

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Robert,
PMFJI:
people are not really interested
I don't think people is not interested (leave me out as I don't use ReportPro), but they don't make the right assumptions about the price.

The correct calculation for ReportPro users is really simple:
- are the new features saving time to the programmer - then the saved time has a value
- help the new features acquire new users - then this has a value
- can the new features make customers buy upgrades, or can help they justify maintenance contracts - again, this has a value.

Based on these values one could say how much this upgrade is worth, and I'm pretty sure then the amounts will change a lot (leaving out people that works only for pleasure).

And specially when it comes to the use of open source software I have often encountered people that forgets that every work has to be paid in one or another form - and not paying for it can let to its discontinuation.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
rjpajaron

The future of ReportPro

Post by rjpajaron »

Hello,

What we would like to know from you is the following:
1. RP3
2. XSharp
3. [y] DBFs [y]Temporary DBFs
4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [ ] 0-100 [y] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000
5. Approximately how many people will use RP in your company [y] 1-5 [ ] 6-20 [ ] > 20
6. Are you interested in participating in an alpha test: [y] Yes [ ] No
7. How much are you willing to pay for this upgrade. [y] € 100 [y] € 500 ] € 1.000
ArneOrtlinghaus

The future of ReportPro

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

We from INFOMINDS don't use Report Pro anymore.
Arne
ChrisM

The future of ReportPro

Post by ChrisM »

We don't use ReportPro and would much prefer that any development time be spent on the RDD on top of SQL (through Ado.Net) and
Client/Server RDD.

Chris
claudiocarletta

The future of ReportPro

Post by claudiocarletta »

1. La tua versione RP RP2[x] RP3[ ]
2. Utilizza [x] VO [ ] XSharp
3. Come database tu utilizzo. [ ] DBF [x] DBF temporanei [ ] SQL
4. Numero approssimativo di installazioni di RP2 di cui disponi [ 1 ] 0-100 [ ] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000
5. Approssimativamente quante persone useranno RP nella tua azienda [ 1 ] 1-5 [ ] 6-20 [ ] > 20
6. Sei interessato a partecipare a un alpha test: [ ] Sì [ x ] No
7. Quanto sei disposti a pagare per questo aggiornamento. [x] € 100 [ ] € 500 ] € 1.000
Gfb22

The future of ReportPro

Post by Gfb22 »

Hi..
1. Your RP Version RP2[X ] RP3[ ]
2. Uses [ X] VO [ X] XSharp
3. As a database you use. [X ] DBFs [ ]Temporary DBFs [ ] SQL
4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [ X] 0-100 [ ] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000
5. Approximately how many people will use RP in your company [X ] 1-5 [ ] 6-20 [ ] > 20
6. Are you interested in participating in an alpha test: [ X] Yes [X ] No
7. How much are you willing to pay for this upgrade. [ X] € 100 [ ] € 500 ] € 1.000
gfb