Search found 14 matches

by MJI
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Speed import csv data
Replies: 7
Views: 673

Re: Speed import csv data

I have done some CSV reading and found a few things, using the append methods.

Suspend Reset works.
Load the lot then process.
A local data server (eg DBFCDX) works quicker than an array server.
If not huge, read the lot into a string, and process the string.
by MJI
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:27 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: SetPrinterByName() returning false
Replies: 2
Views: 3518

Re: SetPrinterByName() returning false

Hello Robert, yes it is RP2. Oh and we think it is the customer IT setup rather than ReportPro, it is on RDS but works on every other site we have tried, high hundreds every day. Actually this is the first time auto printer queue selection has failed. Support is trying 2.30 and 2.36. To be honest I ...
by MJI
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:10 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: SetPrinterByName() returning false
Replies: 2
Views: 3518

SetPrinterByName() returning false

Hello All Everytime something like this happens I bemoan that the source was not purchased!!!! We are getting a false from SetPrinterByName() with a printer name of 'Print&Share'. It is installed and we have never had issues changing to different printers before. Our VO program can print to it, ...
by MJI
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:38 am
Topic: Random crashes, now know Windows 11
Views: 2141

Re: Random crashes, now know Windows 11

OK we have had a similar crash in the office but I cannot find any reason for it. I was able to run the executable perfectly, the other person testing kept getting the old build running, despite date time being the one I dropped in. After 3 or 4 versions it crashed to Windows, no errors. I copied to...
by MJI
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:10 am

Thanks for that I will inform support.

They see error message so instantly think issue for Martin.

Good to hear that 11 is similar to 10 in reliability

I will get them to fully check what is on the PCs, and find out what was the event that triggered this.
by MJI
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Hello Wolfgang The one thing of note is Windows 11 rather than 10. All 3 office PCs go bang, all 3 are 11, they have had this with 2 versions of our software, I have set suppport on finding out the other PCs. Resources are all reasonable, I managed to double or triple in 10 minutes. One crash was wi...
by MJI
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:10 am

OK Dick, we will try a few enviromental things first as the program has been stable since XP days.

I will then produce a debug build but if it is working OK on hundreds of other PCs, pretty sure not our code.
by MJI
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:47 am

Random crashes, now know Windows 11

28 SP4 Did not recognise from screen shot, but informed it is windows 11. Whenever the screen is busy, rather than work it is crashing out. Works everywhere else. This is where the software is away for a second or so, such as doing a search, or running a C DLL with only limited feedback to the UI. K...
by MJI
Wed May 31, 2023 1:07 pm
Topic: ADS Advice please
Replies: 0
Views: 4348

ADS Advice please

<t>This is a really strange request, as I have been using it a LONG time.<br/> <br/> We added ADS DataDIctionary support a while ago, but chatting with boss, we need a new feature.<br/> <br/> We want to be able to copy data from one dictionary to another,<br/> <br/> We are on A, but then copy to B, ...
by MJI
Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 am
Topic: Strange DBF/CDX behaviour over network - Any ideas?
Replies: 9
Views: 3397

Strange DBF/CDX behaviour over network - Any ideas?

I would have suggested ADS, not used non ADS for multi user since AXS3 in the mid 1990s.

Always found the non client server RDDs too flakey for heavy multi user.