Search found 45 matches

by JohnBonnett88
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:47 am
Forum: Pearls
Topic: WinForms and DataBinding
Replies: 2
Views: 2103

Re: WinForms and DataBinding

Is there any other documentation, examples or advice on doing VO.GUI to Windows.Forms conversions?
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:26 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Problem with VS 17.7.0
Replies: 8
Views: 2406

Re: Problem with VS 17.7.0

Hi All, The reason I discovered X# was working again after upgrade to VS 17.7.5 was that I was working in VS on another solution and needed to create a new project. When selecting the template for the project, I noticed that all the X# templates were now appearing again, so I tried loading another s...
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 am

Re: Problem with VS 17.7.0

Hi All,

I had the problem of the X# extension not working with VS 2022 17.7.0 and installed VS 2022 LTSC 17.6 beside VS17.7.0 so I could continue working with X#. Just yesterday I got the VS 2022 17.7.5 update and now X# v2.16.0.5 works again with that.

Best Regards,
John
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:42 am

Problem with VS 17.7.0

<t>Hi All,<br/> <br/> I rolled back VS to v17.6.5 and that seemed to go OK.<br/> When I opened my solution again it seemed to have a problem authenticating my VS Professional subscription. After waiting a while I tried restarting my machine.<br/> It then did not have problem with my subscription but...
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:04 am

Problem with VS 17.7.0

<t>Hi All,<br/> <br/> I recently updated my VS 2022 to v17.7.0. It seems that breaks the X# integration. The message I got is attached. I tried restarting and that did not help. It looks like it stops you loading any X# project.Here are the relevant entries I can find in that ActivityLog they mentio...
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Tab control focus
Replies: 1
Views: 1765

Tab control focus

<t>Hi All,<br/> <br/> I am working on porting a large VO application, created by someone else, to X#. I don't have VO myself, although the organization has an old version that I might install if I get desperate.<br/> <br/> I have got most things running fine now and am just chasing up some different...
by JohnBonnett88
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:28 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: bBrowser: Either EOF or BOF is true or current record has been deleted
Replies: 5
Views: 2561

bBrowser: Either EOF or BOF is true or current record has been deleted

<t>Hi Gerhard,<br/> I have made more progress on that loop and I believe the problem is in our code, not any library code. What seems to be happening is that a bBrowser grid is loaded and I think the cursor gets put in the first row of the grid. This triggers a CellSelect event that gets handled in ...
by JohnBonnett88
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:44 pm

<t>Thanks for the replies,<br/> I am running with SQL Server and I have noticed in the code that there seems to be different arrangements in some places for SQL databases, so that may be related.<br/> During my debugging I also noticed that the problem was only happening during a call to CacheUpdate...
by JohnBonnett88
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:34 am

<r>Hi All,<br/> <br/> We have been getting the above exception from xs2ado in various places in our application. After some digging around we found it was happening when bBrowser was filling a screen grid with data, but only if the data did not fill the display area and require a vertical scroll bar...
by JohnBonnett88
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:57 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Processing .APP files
Replies: 2
Views: 992

Processing .APP files

Robert,

Thank you for your reply. Now that we understand how it works, we have prodded someone locally who has done the conversion for us.

Thanks again,
John